Department of Human Resources
Seminars To Go
The Human Resources Office has a collection of videos, CD-Roms, cassette tapes
and books that are available (at no charge) for check out to UWG faculty and
staff. To check out an item, contact Charlotte Kraft in the Human Resources
Office at Ext. 4638 OR Ext. 6403.
- Bad Apples: How to Deal with Difficult Attitudes
- This video is designed to provide employees
with the skills necessary to resolve the "personality conflicts"
that seem to come hand-in-hand with a diverse workforce. This program provides
a proven 5-step process that anyone can use to deal with difficult people,
including co-workers, customers or vendors. Key points include recognizing
the characteristics of a bad apple, utilizing a 5-step process for dealing
with difficult people, regaining a positive attitude about the person or
situation, and managing conflict with confidence.
- Motivation: Dream It. Walk It. Believe It.
- This video provides practical goal-setting
skills to help individuals be as productive as possible-at work and at home.
Based on characteristics common to all self-motivated top performers, this program illustrates a straight-forward
common sense approach that enables employees to become more effective at
goalsetting and maintaining a positive attitude in the face of constant
- More Than a Gut Feeling III
- Learn techniques for hiring the right person
the first time-every time. Key points include how to plan a logical, structured
interview based on knowledge of the job,how to understand that behavioral
example can determine the presence or absence of a skill, how to use interviewing
techniques that allow for interviewer control, how to make selection decisions
based on facts, not on gut feeling, how to interpret "the best predictor
of future behavior is past behavior," and how to recognize which interview
questions are illegal and understand why.
- Recruiting and Hiring (17 minutes)
- This video is designed to help managers recognize
the common pitfalls regarding recruiting and hiring. Topics covered in the
video include the key areas to pay attention to when describing a job opening,
how to avoid illegal questions during an interview, and four specific actions
than can be taken to hire the right people.
- Legal and Effective Interviewing II: The
Right Questions (14 minutes)
- Knowing your legal boundaries is one of the
most important facets of the interviewing process. This video provides you
with a thorough and practical approach to this vital aspect of employment and covers such topics as setting
the interview tone, the general interview format, listening techniques and
- Let's T.A.L.K.: Handling the Difficult Performance
Appraisal (17 minutes)
- Discover practical and successful techniques
for handling difficult performance appraisals. Key points include using
performance appraisals to help people get better at what they do, how a
real give and take can uncover hidden motivations, how to overcome objections
to 360-degree feedback, and the importance of staying focused on work-related
- Discipline and Termination (14 minutes)
- This video program is designed to help recognize
five of the most common discipline and termination issues that supervisors
struggle with and three straightforward actions that can be taken to avoid these issues. Supervisors
can see how progressive discipline can actually help them keep good people
and improve performance.
- The ADA: Tough Questions & Straight
Answers (15 minutes)
- This program is designed to help managers
gain a clearer understanding of how The Americans with Disabilities Act
(ADA) impacts the workplace. It provides accurate legal information in clear
and concise terms. Key points include the purpose of ADA, understanding
reasonable accommodation, essential function, qualified individual with
a disability, and actions to insure ADA compliance.
- The Family and Medical Leave Act: What
Every Manager Should Know (15 min)
- Find answers to several of the most common
questions surrounding the FMLA. Key points include the purpose and benefits
of the FMLA law, the four most difficult issues managers face regarding
FMLA, and three specific actions managers can take to help stay in compliance.
- Telephone Courtesy (21 minutes)
- This video focuses on skills for providing
excellent customer service to internal and external customers via the telephone
The program is designed to help employees learn how to be prepared, professional,
attentive and responsive in order to meet the needs of customers. Portrayal
of both the right and wrong ways of conducting telephone customer service
- How to Hire the Best Person Every Time (28
- Learn techniques for finding and hiring the
most skilled and qualified people. The Performance Interviewing System breaks
down easy-to-follow actions for preparing questions, analyzing responses
and selecting the best candidate whose job performance wont let you
- Legal Issues for Managers (24 minutes)
- This video features down-to-earth explanations
of federal employment laws and offers practical techniques for treating
employees fairly and equally.
- How to Legally Document Employee Discipline
- In this self-study video, youll learn
how to ensure solid, consistent documentation procedures and to help counsel
and improve employee performance.
- Hiring and Firing (2-volume set)
- This video will help you better understand
the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEOC) laws and show managers and supervisors
how to comply with them. Youll learn how to identify and establish
legitimate job requirements.
- Workplace Violence (8 minutes)
- Designed to increase employee awareness, this
video concentrates on understanding the escalating causes and patterns behind
violent behavior in the workplace.
- Conducting the Performance Appraisal (34
- As a manager, learn management techniques
for conducting effective performance meetings, and get time-proven advice
on making difficult topics easy to cover.
- Managing Performance Problems (26 minutes)
- This video identifies three key reasons for
performance problems and offers a process that helps get employees back
on track. The program demonstrates the responsibility of the supervisor
to focus on work performance instead of an employees personal problems.
- Sexual Harassment: Is It or Isn't It? (17
- This stop and discuss video format allows
viewers to confront and thoroughly discuss 13 specific occurrences that
may be perceived as sexual harassment and the actions to take against them.
Learn to spot even the most subtle forms of harassment.
- Sexual Harassment (2 volume set, 16
- These informative videos explain different
kinds of sexual harassment, define the factors motivating harassers and
provide specific techniques for dealing with the problem.
- Part I: Focusing on Your Priorities (20
- This video focuses on setting clear goals
and objectives for performing to the fullest. Learn guidelines on establishing
important priorities and making the best use of your valuable time.
- Part II: Maximizing Your Productivity
- This video segment tells you how to spend
more time on higher-value tasks in order to become one of the most productive,
most respected and most rewarded individuals.
- Stress Management (79 minutes)
- This video is a practical guide to reducing
stress in every aspect of your life. It is full of tips and relaxation methods
to help you unwind, determine your priorities and live a more stress-free
- Difficult People: How to Deal With Them
- Learn techniques to identify, understand and
cope with the difficult people who come into your life. Whether at the office
or at home, difficult people add to the stress that we work to eliminate.
This video shows the skills necessary in dealing effectively with hard-to-handle
- Conflict Management (37 minutes)
- Be ready when conflict hits! Learn a four-step
model for preventing bitter arguments, lowered morale, and a decline in
productivity when negative conflict arises.
- How to Resolve Conflict on the Job (16
- This video demonstrates how you can manage
conflict to help you and your co-workers achieve goals. Learn communication
skills to help co-workers reach consensus to resolve conflicts.
- Team Up For Success: Building Teams
- This video shows you how to be an integral
part of your team and how to maximize the time you spend with your team
in order to create group trust and cohesiveness. Youll also learn
to initiate a five-guideline model to form solutions, avoid conflict and
maintain a goal-oriented mid set.
- Getting Cooperation: Team Building That
Works (17 minutes)
- This idea-packed video will help team members
work togetherdespite individual differencesto build a cooperative
environment. The major causes of teamwork failure and ways to overcome them
- Diversity Management (25 minutes)
- Answers to the top 20 questions on diversity.
A total of 20 questions and answers will help to develop a strong understanding
for what is involved in managing diversity in the workplace.
- Ten Skills For Better Telephone Communication
- Polish your performance on the telephone and
show callers they matter. This video provides scenarios displaying correct
telephone techniques, such as placing a caller on hold, dealing with an
upset caller, using voice mail and more.
- What Customers Really Want (14 minutes)
- This video shows how employees can give customers
quality service by making them feel valuedand by exceeding their expectations.
- Presentation Skills for the Professionally
Petrified (20 minutes)
- This video guides you through a series of
simple and effective tools that will change the way you prepare for presentations.
Youll learn how to overcome the inevitable, face and laugh at your
fears, and use body language and movements. Also covered is when to use
humor to spice up your presentations.
- How to Develop Effective Communication Skills
- Youll learn how to build trust, so you
can communicate openly and fairly with others, remove barriers to positive
communication, communicate nonverbally as well as verbally, develop better
relationships through listening, and deal with conflict in the workplace.
- Communicating to Reduce Stress on the Job
- This video will show you how to reduce stress
on the job by recognizing the stress triggers that impair communication.
It is filled with tips to help adapt communication styles to reduce stress
on the job.
- Communicating With Confidence to Get the
Job Done (15 minutes)
- The skills to help present yourself and your
ideas with the strength to get things done are featured in this video. Tactics
used by respected and successful communicators are conveyed.
- Coping With Change in the Workplace
- This video focuses on how peoples reaction
to change can either help or hinder their acclimation to it and how all
employees will be accountable for their actions. It looks at change from
the perspective of both management and employees.
- Simplifying Your Work and Your Life
- Youll learn ways to regain charge of
your life with tips for trimming lifes excess and feeling confident
in your choices. Strategies for implementing your own four-phase system
for managing interruptions as well as tips for coping more easily at home
- Conducting a Productive Meeting (13
- How-to-techniques for facilitating meetings
that get results. Learn to conduct meetings more productively and eliminate
- Taking the Step Up to Supervisor (33
- This video covers balancing the sometimes
tricky responsibilities of planning work schedules, dividing and assigning
tasks, giving evaluations and other essential duties.
The Learning Resources Center
has VCR/TV combos available for check-out for one week; they will deliver and
pick up. LRC may be contacted at Ext. 6459.
- Attitude: The Choice is Yours
- Documenting Discipline
- Interviewing: More Than a Gut Feeling
- Job Strategies for New Employees
- Keep Them Calling: Superior Service on the Telephone
- Leading Teams: The Skills for Success
- Legal Issues for Managers
- Making Change Work for You
- Making Meetings Work
- Managing Conflict at Work
- Managing Stress
- Negotiate With Confidence
- Self-Esteem: The Power to Be Your Best
- Taking the Step Up to Supervisor
- The New Supervisor Skills For Success
- Why Didnt I Think of That
Memory Power - A
six audio cassette program with techniques for easily remembering facts, names
The Secrets To Clear, Powerful Business Writing
(1 cassette tape)
How To Write Better Memos, Reports & Letters(1
Image & Self Projection For Todays
Professional Woman (4 tape set)