Effectiveness Evaluation: Resume List
Coordinator of Business & Finance Development
10/6/03 - Facilitator of Campus Planning and Facilities 2007 APPA Award for Excellence application.
- Facilitator of the Business and Finance Division efforts in Business Process Redesign. Over 30 process reviews in a three-year period. 2006 recipient of SACUBO Best Practices runner-up award.
to - Facilitator of B&F division customer service training and initiatives in FY 2007.
- Facilitator of Campus Planning and Facilities application for Georgia Oglethorpe Award, completed -
December 2004. Recipient of the 2005 Focus Recognition Award and the 2006 SACUBO Best Practice runner-up award
Present - Facilitator of Campus Planning and Facilities application for Georgia Oglethorpe Progress Award, completed - January 2006.
- 2006 Examiner for Georgia Oglethorpe Award Inc. – Malcolm Baldrige-based criteria.
- Helped develop and administer over 25 on-line customer/employee assessments in the areas of customer satisfaction, customer service, parking and transportation, and employee trust.
4/9/01 - Assisted in the writing of a SPRANS Abstinence Education Grant that awarded the agency $345,000.
to - Coordinated installation of DSL and Excel-based inventory programs in main office and satellite
- Helped design and implemented Natural Gas Operator manual
- Designed, implemented, and administered organization’s first web-site.
- Contract Officer for $800,000 renovation project on 90 public housing units.
- Handled purchasing, procurements, and bid activities.
- Revised agency’s Human Resource policy manual to include processes for job openings, attendance, tardiness, disciplinary action, and drug testing.
SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT, INC. - A DIVISION OF THE
SONY CORPORATION OF
Sony Disc Manufacturing, Inc.;
Supervisor, CD Manufacturing
1995 - Recruited, developed, trained, and managed a staff of 55 people in
to compact disc manufacturing. (i.e. injection molding, printing, screen making,
3/31/01 ink mixing, packaging, and technical support)
- Helped to develop and control ISO 9000 and ISO 14000 documentation.
- Implemented Oracle and COM interplant shipping software and procedures prior to plant closing.
Supervisor, Cassette Manufacturing
1990 - Supervised a staff of 53 people in cassette manufacturing and quality responsibilities. Daily
to production level exceeded 500,000 units.
1995 - Initiated and implemented preventative maintenance techniques resulting in a 20% improvement in direct labor efficiencies.
- Member of an internal policy board that developed a point system attendance policy.
- Plant representative to develop, control, and audit ISO 9000 documentation.
Manager, Quality Control - Cassette Duplication
1987 - Managed a staff of 75 people, including front line supervision, technical
to personnel and production personnel.
1990 - Initiated and implemented on-line inspection techniques resulting in a 50% reduction in personnel while improving quality awareness and performance.
Manager, Quality Control - Records, Special Packaging and Compact Disc Returns
1981 - Recruited, developed, and managed a quality control staff of 57 people including front line
to supervision and
technical personnel in the opening of a new plant in
1987 - Devised and implemented methods to evaluate record components and materials for cost savings programs.
Supervisor, Quality Control – CBS Records;
1980 - Supervised staff of 100 in compression pressing and injection molding to ensure that product was
1981 was manufactured according to RIAA and CBS record specifications.
Analyst, Quality Control – CBS Records;
1979 - Researched, analyzed and helped to develop both audio and aesthetic criteria for Mastersound Digital
to and Half-speed pressings. The product line was established in an effort to compete in the audiophile
1981 market and improve the quality image of CBS Records.
1978 - Trained to distinguish audible and visual criteria on CBS products.
to Responded to all consumer complaints. Performed semi-annual evaluations on CBS product and
1979 competitive labels.
2004-06 - Completed
a 3-year commitment at College Business Management Institute (CBMI) at the
2005 - Completed examiner training (40 hours) for Georgia Oglethorpe, Inc. Represented GOAP as an
examiner in 2006
2003 - Georgia BOR Facilities Officer Training
2002 - Public Housing Assessment System Seminar
2000 - Word and Excel Applications - State
1999 - JeTech Payroll Applications – a web-based system used to replace manual time card
1994 - Windows, Word Perfect and
1994 - Statistical Process Control; Southern
1985-87 - Attended AMA seminars in Management, Statistical Process Control, and Quality Control Statistics
1979 - Candidate for M.B.A. prior to
transferring with job to
1978 - B.S. Degree in Marketing
1974 - Completed one semester of Music Education prior to transfer
Presentations before Professional Organizations
– Georgia Oglethorpe Award Process Inc.
Defining Who We Are – Improving on What We Do, D. Lewis, M. Renfrow. SACUBO
– BPR Part II: Improving Methods for
Continuous Improvement, W. Gauthier, D.
Lewis, M. Renfrow. SACUBO Annual Conference,
2005 – Customer
and Market Focus – Oh Really, D. Lewis, M. Renfrow. Georgia Oglethorpe
“Solving the Process Puzzle” – a
summarization of business process redesign efforts within the Business and
Finance Division at the
2006-07 District Chair –
2004-07 Chair -
2001-04 Completed officer rotation in the Carrollton Kiwanis Club serving as Vice-President, President-Elect, President, and Immediate Past-President